Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Long Time Gone

It's been a long time. 

Remember the Dixie Chicks song "Long Time Gone"? That is what is playing in my head right now as I type the title for this post. 

I feel like when I get on my computer these days, it is to 1) study or 2) decompress via Pinterest.  

Nursing school has kept me super busy.  I'm not complaining, I love the nursing profession.  I love clinicals.  I have 1 8hr clinical a week at this point (I'm in my "Freshman semester") and am loving it.  BUT let me just say, I am SO ready to be an official RN.  Right now we aren't doing that much in the hospital...mainly vitals and AM care. And yes, I have had to give lots of bed baths, LOTS of bed baths.  I have seen more naked people than anyone should ever see in their entire life. :| I guess it doesn't really bother me anymore. Who would have thought? I'm pretty modest, you can ask anyone that knows me.

Aaron and I are loving Conway! We love our little house and we love our church! We joined the 2BC Conway in September via the Discovery 2BC class. Joshua thinks that it doesn't really count because we didn't go down in front of the church at the end of the sermon.  He can blame his "bruh-in-law" for that one.  As he has gotten older, he gets anxious around big crowds, which is weird, because if you know him, he is a social butterfly.  But it has gotten to a point where he is wary about going to Razorback games because the large crowds make him stressed out! But I love him anyway ;)

I haven't posted since mid-May or something like that, right? Let's do a quick catch-up! 

1) Logan & Morgan are ENGAGED!  Logan proposed in May but we had to keep it a secret for like a month until Morgan could have her sorority candlelight. Talk about torture!  In my mind, Logan is not old enough or mature enough to be someone's husband, but I am so glad that he has Morgan.  She balances him out a lot. She will be a great addition of normality to our wild family! 05/31/14 is their date!

2) Our friends Clay and Amy are PREGNANT and due in mid-Decemeber. I can't believe I am old enough to have friends that are having babies! eek! 

3) My good friend/old roomie/Matron of Honor Blair and her husband Eric welcomed Mason Everett Varner into the world on July 13th! He's precious and they are the best parents already!

4) Marley turned 7 on April 24th! I can't believe he has been in our lives that long but we are so grateful!

5) My cousin Amy L. got married on July 27th so the whole Logan family got together in Arlington/Grapevine, TX.  It was so fun! We have seen the Logan crew once in May for my cousin Max's high school graduation, again in July for Amy & Andrew's wedding, and again over Labor Day weekend because that's "tradition" :) SO fun!

6) One of my best friends, Amy B., got married on September 14th.  We had a miraculous break in the sticky, muggy heat and her wedding day was cool and perfect!  She was married at Garven Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs and it was beautiful.

7) I started my "Freshmen" semester of nursing school.  I am in the traditional 3 yr track at school, so my first year I was considered a "pre-professional" but now my actual nursing classes have started and I am so thankful. I have made a sweet group of friends and met a lot of other weird  interesting folks. There were about 240 people in my program at the beginning of this semester , but that will drastically decrease after this semester and continually drop in number from there! My friends and I have vowed to have "No Nursing Student Left Behind" so we are all constantly encouraging each other because we can see the light at the end of the tunnel! 3 more semesters=Happy Halfway! :)

8) My mom, aunt Leanne & I got to go on a little trip to Cali! I have only been to the airport in CA, on the way to Maui when I was 15/16 so this was a big deal! It was so fun. I definitely need to post those pictures.  It was a PERFECT trip, minus the airline trouble right at the beginning! ;)

That's all I can really think about at the moment.  My next post should probably be a (select few) photo dump from the past few months! I can't believe time has flown so fast! Halloween is tomorrow and Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! 

-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment