Monday, September 24, 2012

Slumber Party with Joshua

My mom is driving Joshua back and forth between Conway and Little Rock three times a week (what a champ)!

We offered to let him stay the night with us 1) because he's Joshua & there's never a dull moment, 2) because it was convenient for my parents, 3) I'm not working right now so I loved having the company! 

Also because we just love Joshua and thought it would be fun :)

Tuesday afternoon I drove to LR to pick up Fred. 
*Incase you didn't know, Joshua = Fred, Ferdinand, and basically any names similar to that, don't ask me why.*

We drove back to Bryant and stopped off at WalMart to pick up cookie dough because I thought it sounded good and Joshua agreed. :)

We went home and watched ESPN (guest choice) while the cookies baked. 
He was TICKLED TO DEATH when I offered him a Cherry 7up and let him eat his cookies on the couch in the living room....it was so funny!





After Aaron got home, we decided to let Joshua pick where he wanted to go out to eat. Eventually it came down to Chili's and a local mexican restaurant that I was crossing my fingers for. Joshua picked Chili's. Of course. ;)

After Chili's we decided to go back to the house and make a fire in the fire pit.  We made s'mores and did Joshua's favorite activity, we TALKED. 
We talked about life and love and memories...
if you know Joshua, a visit with him isn't complete until you take a trip down memory lane. Ha!



The next morning, I woke up Joshua and after Aaron left for work, we went to Chick to have a brother-sister breakfast date. On the way there, I asked Joshua if he slept okay and he said "Yes, but the bedding is a little too girly for me..." 
law..


I'm converting him to coffee slowly.

Speaking of this coffee picture...on the way to take him to Therapeutic, he kept yawning and I asked him why he was so tired. He said he didn't go to sleep until late (no telling why) and so he was just a little sleepy. He then proceeded to reach down, grab my coffee out of the cup holder and take a big swig. 

Joshua is NOT a coffee drinker so it was hilarious to see him voluntarily drink it.

That afternoon, I went to pick him up and we met my dad at our house so that he could take Joshua back to Conway. 

Joshua said he had the most fun staying with us that he has ever had in his entire life. 


He also said that next time he comes to visit, we should probably get a real refrigerator. 
Side note- we have been using a dorm-size refrigerator since the move because we haven't been able to purchase one yet because we haven't found one we like and also it has to make financial sense.

But Joshua doesn't realize things like this, which resulted in him saying that...
just so Joshua.
;)


HOLLY


No comments:

Post a Comment