Friday, June 14, 2013

Life Lately...

           Life has been so crazy lately!  With my first year of nursing school in the books, I thought I would get to focus on this blog and start writing again! BUT after about 2 weeks off and the house being cleaned until I couldn't find anything else to do (and nothing really exciting to blog about), I decided to offer my services to a therapeutic summer day camp that I used to help with a few years ago while in college.  I started this Tuesday and have fallen asleep on the couch for the past 3 nights! I feel terrible about it because I should be spending quality time with my husband and I am worn out! :\  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE working with special needs kids/adults, but some days are draining! I will work this camp for the next 5 weeks just Tu-Th and the occasional M & F when/if they need me.  I actually start school on July 10th, which I'm totally excited about! I finally get to start some actual nursing classes, so I am PUMPED! It's going to be so hard, but I'm keeping the finish line in sight!  It's going to be a fun summer!

                                                            Speaking of summer....

          Y'all. We have hit the triple digits.  Well...I don't know if the actual temp has been over 100 degrees but the heat indices most definitely have.  I got in the car yesterday and the temp said 109 degrees! AY CURRUMBA! The Arkansas humidity is a killer. I went out with pretty waves today and came back looking like I hadn't even run a brush through it...which for me = a nasty mess because I have THICK hair.  Okay, okay, enough about the weather.

          Father's Day is this Sunday so tomorrow we are going to Searcy to see my in-laws. They are all hardly ever together so it is difficult trying to make plans to go visit.  I don't really ENJOY going to Searcy just because I grew up there and there is literally fun nothing to do.  I try to make the most of my trip though! Besides seeing Aaron's family, I like to run by a favorite local coffee place and also by the jewelry store (where Aaron bough my rings) to get my rings cleaned! Clark also leaves for Kanakuk & MI-7 for two whole weeks on Saturday so sometime tomorrow morning we will run over and say bye before we leave town for the day! Sunday will probably be spent at church and spending some time with my family.  We usually try to do dinner with my family once on the weekend! 

         We are going to be so busy this summer with wedding festivities.  My cousin Amy is getting married in July, my brother & his girlfriend just got engaged, and I am in a wedding for my other friend Amy B. in September!  Also we are going to be busy with BABIES...juuuust not our own! :)  Two of my best friends on the planet are going to have babies this year! My friend Blair is due at the end of July and my friend Amy F. is due in December! I'm excited and praying for happy, healthy babies!  I have already hosted a baby shower for Blair at our house and can't wait to plan one for Amy F.!

        We are having dinner with some friends tonight in Little Rock so I'm signing off for now!

-Holly
         

No comments:

Post a Comment