Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year, New Start

2012...


I can't believe it is 2012. I can't believe I just turned 23. I can't believe I'm finally married to my high school sweetheart after over 8 years of dating. I can't believe I have been out of college for close to a year. Heck, I can't believe that in a few months, I will have been married for one whole year!


Time flies. My oldest brother is twenty-five, my middle brother is twenty, and my baby brother will be sixteen next month. I don't feel old(er). I don't feel like my parents have gotten any older. My husband Aaron will also be twenty-five this year. I still remember when I met him when he was a gangly sixteen year old. :) Our dog Marley will be six and I still remember when we brought him home, and how mad my dad was! It didn't last too long though, because the next morning my dad was feeding that sweet little puppy Cheerios from his cereal bowl...and the rest is history.


I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for my life as well as my family and friends' lives. 2011 was SUCH an amazing year, I just don't know how 2012 can compete! ;) 


Maybe now I should list some goals for this next year? I don't really "do" New Year's Resolutions, but I guess this is something of that sort.


Goals for 2012: 

  • Take advantage of living in NWA.  Explore more, do more.  Who knows where we will be in a few months, or even next year!
  • Get plugged in at a church.  We are currently visiting a church in Rogers, AR, and both really enjoy it and the community group that we were placed in.  But we both want to find a church that has a Sunday school that we can plug in to. It's something that both of our former churches had that we miss being a part of. 
  • Get healthy. (I know, I know, that's what EVERYONE says!) I don't want to lose weight, I just want to have a healthier lifestyle by being more active and trying to eat a little better. This will be a challenge, because the husband and I both love our chocolate chip cookies. :)
  • Visit family often. We get to see our families often, but at the same time, since we don't have any children, we should enjoy our flexibility and go to as many family events as we can.
  • Travel. This is a goal that we both share. We want to start going on trips. They don't have to be big trips, but once again, since we don't have children, we have a little more flexibility (minus when we can't take our dog). We want to start traveling to places that we haven't been too, or places that we both really enjoy. This is the "honeymoon" period of our marriage and we definitely want to take advantage of our time together.
That's all I can think of for now. This is the second time I have tried to blog, so maybe that should be another goal? Ha! We'll see!

Loveee,
Holly

1 comment:

  1. I have a travel idea...BHAM!! Woohoo! ;) yay for second chances in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete