Monday, January 23, 2012

Productive Weekend.

It's Monday...and I wish it wasn't. 


I had a very productive weekend, but it wasn't long enough. It never is. My husband was busy Friday-Sunday, so I took advantage of my free time.  Friday wasn't TOO eventful. In fact, it was down-right boring. Aaron was gone til almost seven. I was bored and hungry, and trying to refrain from snacking out of boredom. We stay pretty busy during the week, so the weekends are our time together. We usually just lounge and go with the flow. This weekend was a big game weekend in Fay, so every place we wanted to eat out was PACKED. All I wanted was a nice dinner to talk about our days and to catch up and unwind from the week, but that just wasn't going to happen. We ended up picking up food and bringing it home. 


I know, you aren't seeing how my weekend was productive yet? I'm not either. Whoopsie. 


Saturday, I met up with my college friend (and pledge sister) Bethany for lunch. We didn't really make a plan for lunch, so when she picked me up, we just drove and tossed around a few options. She suggested a place called Hammontree's (One of my goals for this year is to explore new places in Fayetteville and to take advantage of living up here!) She told me they had soups, salads, and were known for their grilled cheese sandwiches, or, as my brothers and I would say growing up, "girl cheese". I was totally excited about it! We went inside and it was packed due to the UA-Michigan basketball game that in town. It was quirky and very "hippie", so it was a perfect Fayetteville spot! I'm a Star-Wars nerd (I blame it on my brothers) and so I just had to order a grilled cheese called a Chee-baca (Chewbaca reference anyone?). Bethany insisted we order the edamame hummus as an appetizer and OHMYWORD I was so glad that we did! I love hummus, but this was just so great. We had great girl time and a very yummy lunch! Here's a picture of our edamame hummus:






http://hammontreesgourmet.com/  --Here's the link to the website of Hammontree's. If you are ever in NWA and wanting to eat somewhere funky and fun, I would definitely recommend it! :)


My dad and oldest brother Joshua were in town for the game. After it was over and the Razorbacks won in the last few minutes, they decided to come over to our place and relax. I STILL hadn't taken down my Christmas stuff (sad, I know) but my dad hadn't seen it yet, so I left it up for him...and me, just because it was from mine and Aaron's first Christmas together, so it made me happy to look at. Aaron got home around 4:45 and we decided to go to dinner with my dad and Joshua. We ended up going to Catfish Hole. Once, again, it was packed (there were some big-name recruits in town) and I was worried that we were never going to get seated and my dad would be driving home so late in the dark. I'm a worrier, it's the Garland in me. I've never been to Catfish Hole either, so that was new place #2 of the weekend (productivity, I tell you). 






We finally were seated, ordered, and not three minutes later our food was on the table. Their catfish is good, it doesn't quite compare to my Mammaw's (Dad's mom) but it was a great meal. I was so glad to get to see my dad and big brother!


Saturday was also the 8 month mark of our marriage. :) We didn't really do anything to really celebrate, just because Aaron had been busy all day long and we were both tired after stuffing ourselves with catfish, hushpuppies, chicken (Aaron's favorite) and fries. So he studied and I watched The Notebook. He ended up watching the rest of the movie with me and he didn't laugh at me when I cried at the end. That movie really gets me. I am so blessed to have found my "Noah" so many years ago. :)


Sunday rolled around and I productively took down the whole Christmas tree, packed up the ornaments, took down the stockings, and had a moment of silence. Now the corner of our living room is "nekkid" until I can re-arrange some stuff. I had made plans with my old swimming teammate and one of my best friends, Erica. I hadn't seen her since last semester. She's in her last year of college and is so involved, so she is super busy! We went to a favorite coffee place of mine called Common Grounds. I love love love coffee. I could go on for hours about coffee. Well not hours, but maybe 20 minutes. It was so good to see Erica and we always laugh a lot when we are together. After my coffee and her soup were all gone, we decided to be bad. Aaron and I splurge on a piece of this cake called "Ten Pound Chocolate Cake" -or something along those lines- every blue moon. It's so rich and can't be good for you, but it is DIVINE. So Erica and I opted to split a piece. I think our waiter liked us because he warmed it and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.


Yes. IT.IS.HUGE. Aaron and I usually cut it into thirds and have a little bit throughout for dessert throughout the week. Erica and I didn't finish it. We were almost in a chocolate coma near the end! It was so good to see her as well, we don't get together NEAR enough for my liking. 


Sunday night, we met with our community group that we are involved in with Fellowship in Rogers. It was a great time of fellowship with other newlyweds and couples our same age. Our leaders are great. We got our schedule for this next semester and were told there was going to be a camping trip in April (weather permitting)! We are so excited about that. We are blessed to have found this group :)


Happy Monday!


Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment