Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Treat

Last night my friend Amanda texted me and asked if I wanted to do a study/coffee/lunch date with her today! She is taking her NCLEX nursing exam next week, so I had told her that if she needed a change of studying scenery to let me know! I am so glad she did. I wanted to get out and about today. Tuesdays are my "free" days, the days I can study, craft, catch up on housework, etc.

We decided to meet at a local coffee bar called Common Grounds, ordered coffee, and cracked open the books. When we get together, there is usually a lot of chit chat, which of course we did, but we also got some studying done! I was so proud of us! :) I love hanging out with a big group of people, but I also love one-on-ones with friends.  It's so much more personable and you really can talk without the chaos of five different conversations going on at once! 

Speaking of such "chaos"... I got to have dinner with some of my pledge sisters this weekend. Aaron had class so I decided to go visit my mom and give her some much needed girl/estrogen time! :) I had to pick up a bridesmaid dress from my friend Amy who is getting married in April, so it just worked out to have dinner! I thought it was originally going to be just 6 people, and when we got there, more people had been invited and so we had 11! We ate a place called BIG ORANGE in the Chenal Promenade in Little Rock. It is a burger place that a few of my friends had raved about, so I am glad that I finally got to try it!


That was my Hickory Smoke burger. It was delicious!!!! I ate every last bit! Sooo yummy! I can't wait to take my husband there! We also went to a fro-yo place called Logan Berry. It's always a good time with those ladies!

On Saturday my mom and I went shopping, out to dinner at a chinese restaurant called Chi's, and then to a movie! We saw Joyful Noise. It was good, kind of predictable in a "Sister Act" kind of way, but the music was great!

After church on Sunday, we packed up my car with a desk (which I can't wait to finish painting and use!) and I headed home! Even though I had a great weekend seeing my family, I was SO happy to be home with my husband! 

I'm off to craft! :)

Loveee,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment