Sunday, September 4, 2016

Our Baby Boy: 11 Weeks @ The Beach (Day 1)

I start back work a week from tomorrow and my husband has been wanting to take a vacation for a while now. So, last minute, my husband decided to book a trip to the beach.  I was a little nervous because it was a 10hr drive.  That's without stopping. We have a breastfed 2.5month old baby. We were leaving Monday and coming back on Thursday. We only had two days at the actual beach. Insert crazy emoji face here. But he wanted to go and so we decided to try.

We loaded up on Monday morning and took off. I packed extra everything and my small SUV was LOADED down. Who knew you needed so much more stuff when you have a baby?! 

I'm kidding….kind of.

But of course, we had to stop by my husband's office to show his coworkers the baby.  After that little detour, it was time for Rhodie to eat…and then he had a blowout.  OF COURSE HE DID ! So we had outfit change #1 and we got back on the road.

The first half of the day went really well. I fed Rhodes again while we stopped for lunch and would get him out to play with him and let him stretch when we stopped for gas.

Then my husband started talking about how he wanted to stop in and see his grandparents since it was on the way. "For a quick visit" is what he said.

LOL.

We stopped in to see his grandparents and they were tickled to see the baby.  It was fun because they've only seen him one other time and he has changed so much since then. But then Rhodie spit up everywhere because he had been jostled half to death on the country roads leading out to their house. Bless his heart. Outfit change #2. And then he had dirty diaper. SCORE! Outfit #3. (THANK GOODNESS I OVER-PACKED) I knew he was going to be so tired and I was antsy to get going so that we could drive while he slept.  But the grandparents WOULD NOT let us leave. We ended up having to wait "10 minutes" for my husband's great aunt to come over so she could see the baby….. 40 minutes later she finally showed up.  I hated to seem rude but at that point in the trip we had 5 more hours to go and, including all of our other stops, was already going to put us getting in around 10pm. We literally were going to be on the road ALL day.  

Once we finally left the grandparents house (Rhodes had already napped at their house - insert eye roll) we had to stop for dinner/feed Rhodie and that's when our trip got a little sour.  Rhodes was completely over being in his carseat (I don't blame him) and he was completely out of routine and over the whole day. He had HAD it! I felt so bad and he was so fussy.  We both may have gotten a little teary at the end because he was so worked up. At one point, my husband told me to "toughen up" and I told him I contemplated ending him right then and there. Good thing it was dark because if looks could kill, he would have been deader than dead. 

We finally made it to the resort, checked in, played with our now-happy baby and got some sleep….14 hours later….

'Tis the Season, 

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment