Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feelin' Crafty

This has been a great week! Despite not feeling 100%,  I have managed to get a lot done! I have been studying, met with my professor to see if I was doing everything right (which I was!) and have had some extra time to craft! :)


A few weeks ago, I tried glass etching for the first time. It was an idea I had seen on Pinterest a few times, so when I was at HobLob with my mom one day, we picked up the needed supplies. If you are considering trying glass etching, you need patience (if you are a perfectionist) and the ability to breathe out of your mouth only for a few minutes because the etching acid smells like rotten eggs...trust me....it's gag-worthy. 


Since this was my first time trying this process, NO ONE is allowed to judge. I know it's not perfect, but I will keep practicing.


Remember...no judgement....please.... :)


step 1: cut out your pattern in vinyl & stick vinyl to glass

step 2: apply etching cream of choice & plug your nose

step 3: follow directions on bottle (mine said leave on for 5 minutes)
step 4: rinse off all cream, remove vinyl and ta-da!


It doesn't look terrible does it?! I think it will be juuust fine. I don't really think what is on the outside of the dish matters as much as what is on the inside of the dish :) which makes me think about food, which is making me hungry...mmm.


By the way...my parents got me a Cricut machine for my birthday and I looove it! I haven't made much, but what I have made, I'm pretty proud of! Here are just a few things...


two name signs I made for my aunts

quote by Einstein that my mom loves

I want to make some more boards with quotes on them, maybe even use canvas instead. I need to get on Pinterest for some more ideas!  Speaking of Pinterest, if you don't have the app, you are MISSING OUT! I finally got my mom signed up, showed her the gist of it, and she's hooked. Next thing she'll want is a Twitter....lawd. ;)

That's all I have for now!

Loveee, 
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment