Thursday, February 9, 2012

Worry

worry (noun) : 
A source of nagging concern or uneasiness
worry (verb) :
To feel uneasy or concerned about something; be troubled
I tend to worry... a lot. I blame it on genetics. ;) I (obviously) know that worry is not genetically inherited.  However, I do think that it can be indirectly inherited by growing up around someone who worries.  I also think that I am at the age where worrying is so common that it is almost natural. 

I'm at the age where I feel like I have a lot to worry about. I know that I don't necessarily have a lot to worry about, but the constant pressure to figure out where my life is headed is extremely stressful. Careers, moving, buying a house, getting another dog, stress with school/work, starting a family, buying a car, paying bills, finding a church, etc. I have so many questions. I know that I shouldn't try to wish my life away, but I am so excited about my life and my marriage and where we are headed that it's killing me not to know what's next! 

From time to time, I get overwhelmed, or should I say, I let myself get overwhelmed. I think too hard about what I want and not enough about what God's plan is for me, and for us.  I have a particular verse that I have to remind myself with on a regular basis.

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

God doesn't want us to worry. It's just so hard for me. I have to constantly work on my patience. He has a made perfect plan for us and it is just up to us to do His will and His plan will lay itself out for us in His time.

I found this on Pinterest earlier. I love it :)

Prayers are always appreciated :)
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment