Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursdays



I like to remind myself how blessed and lucky I am on a regular basis to, you know, keep things in perspective.


Sometimes I hear people gripe and complain about how life is unfair and I admit, I've been there a lot and it probably won't be the last time either.


BUT...


Today I am THANKFUL.


I am thankful for my sweet, sweet, sweet husband. He took care of me when I was sick a few weeks ago, and I had the pleasure of taking care of him while he was sick over the weekend. I say pleasure because it felt good to take care of him. He does a lot for me.


I am thankful for my family. I had to make a brief (less than 24 hrs) trek to Central AR earlier this week and was so appreciative of my parents letting me stay the night at their house. My brothers are usually pretty excited to see me, so that makes trips special too. :) Oh and the fact that they are letting me tag along to the beach with them for Spring Break next week while my husband is working is nice too. ;)


I am thankful for my mom. She has raised me right (how country does that sound?!) and I hope that if the Lord ever blesses us with a daughter that I will be half as good of a mom to her as my mom is to me. Just sayin'...


I am thankful to Julee Turner at Metropolis Salon. I was in desperate need of a haircut. DESPERATE. It was bad. Let's just say there was enough hair on the floor at the end of my appointment to make another full head of hair...basically...there was a lot! (BUT there was also a girl who came in after me who hadn't had her hair done since JULY, so that made my OCTOBER self look not quite so bad!)


I am also thankful for Sonic, because this Diet Vanilla Coke in my hand is JUST what I needed to perk up my mood on this cloudy afternoon.


I am thankful that I woke up this morning. I am thankful that I am healthy. So many people have illnesses and are on medication and you never know what day God has willed to be your last.



Lastly, I am thankful...


THAT IT IS ALMOST THE WEEKEND!!!!!




Hallelujah. Amen.

-Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment