Monday, August 8, 2016

Our Baby Boy: 7 Weeks (8.5.16)

Rhodes is now 7 weeks old! (as of Friday 8.5.16)

This week: 
-The social smile is really making it's grand debut! "ON FLEEK" as the kids say.
-He's trying to coo and it's the best thing ever.
-He finally got ahold of his thumb again, after several days of real effort.  SO CUTE.
-He went to Target with Mommy & his "Millie" (my mom).
-He saw his great-grandparents again (my dad's parents).
-Oh yeah, and the big boy GOT IN THE POOL! We will make a fish out of him yet! 

We had family come in town this weekend. My brother and SIL that live in Jonesboro came on Thursday night.  We got to enjoy them ALL weekend. It was so fun. My brother starts year 2 of OT school this coming week and my SIL goes back to her teaching job so they wanted to enjoy the last few days of their summer break. My dad's parents surprised us on Friday afternoon and came our way for dinner.  They are older and travel is harder these days, but we are so thankful that they came and especially glad they got to see Rhodie again.  They haven't seen him since he was only a couple of days old. And my in-laws decided to come over on Saturday so they got to see Rhodes for a little while as well. We had a FULL weekend.

"Family-ed out" as my MIL suggested. 

Law.

But now that you mention it….

Kidding! ;)

We were able to get up and around and finally made it to Sunday School again this weekend.  I'm so glad that we were able to see our class. Our teachers are due to have their 2nd baby boy in the next 2-3 weeks and we had a "sprinkle" shower for them. We've also had lots of pregnancies happening this year, so lots of couples are in and out a lot. It's harder to keep those connections going when you only see someone every few weeks, but we are trying to get back into the swing of things since Rhodie is a little bigger.  He slept throughout class and we were very impressed! Then he peed out of his diaper and onto his outfit…so, it was a small victory.

My mom was bound and determined to get a picture of "The Kids" this weekend. Saturday night, we turned off the Olympics for a few minutes and all tromped outside for a pic by the pool. Talk about a homely-looking bunch. My parents snapped away and we went back inside.  I could tell by her reaction going through her pictures, that she didn't get what she wanted, so on Sunday morning I texted my Dad and brothers and planned to meet up in the lobby in between Sunday school and service to get a picture since we would all be dressed nicely for church. Once we all got together, however, my Dad was conveniently MIA (bathroom) and so I told my mom the plan and we all went into the lobby and got a picture. You know, despite having to crop out my big ole' pale legs (bc my dress was being pulled up a little high in the front while holding Rhodie Man- EEK!)…it turned out really cute! Two of my brothers & my SIL are all starting back to school soon, so we won't see them for a little while. It makes me sad but I know it's just a season and I'm thankful for the time we have gotten to see them over the summer.

OH YEAH…R also laughed in his sleep TWICE this week.  It was the best sound I've ever heard in my life.  I almost cried both times.  What a happy sound! I am so excited for him to start laughing. :)

I think that's all of my updates for now! I'm going try to switch my laundry over really quick while baby boy is sleeping in his swing!

'Tis the Season,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment