Monday, August 1, 2016

Baby Boy Goes to Church (7.31.16)

Six weeks. Our sweet baby boy is six weeks old! 

This week we have really noticed Rhodes focusing more on people's faces and even throwing around a smile here and there :) It's so sweet.  

After he eats and has been burped, he will squeal and throw his head around and smile at me or at "Window" (his BFF ) and it is seriously the sweetest thing.

We took Rhodes to Sunday School on Sunday and he made it through the first part and the last part of class.  My hubby took him out first, when he was getting fussy because he was wet.  The boy cannot stand to be wet. Aaron even took him and changed him at the changing station in the men's bathroom. PROUD WIFE. :)  After a little while, I heard him crying in the hall, where Aaron was walking around with him.  I grabbed the diaper bag and went out to go feed him.  Of course he was due to eat right in the middle of our class time! Once he ate and burped sufficiently, (or so we thought) we went back into the class.  He squealed and made his sweet baby noises and got lots of smiles in return. After class, everyone wanted to see him and "ooo and ahh" over his cute little face.  He enjoyed the attention.  

Then he spit up on Mommy's arm and down the side of my dress. Thankfully, his Dad was a quick responder with the burp cloth and the spit up on my dress was minimal and Rhodie was a happier boy to get that out of his system. 

Since that went so well and he had already eaten, I asked my hubby if he'd be okay if we went by the choir room before the service started so that some of my church choir friends could see him.  They went nuts over him.  I'm so glad we went, even though I was a little nervous.  Actually, we both were a little nervous, but it worked out.  We are trying to be flexible. 

After what we considered a highly successful morning, we picked up some lunch and went home to rest.  Rhodes was worn out, as were Mom & Dad.  We were so pleased that he did well for Sunday School, but I'm not sure we will attempt to go to the service just yet.  

The past few days for Rhodie have been a little rough, because he's had some tummy troubles.  Thankfully, today those troubles are starting to resolve. He's had several dirty diaper today. I also had my postpartum appointment in Little Rock today.  My mom offered to go with me to help with Rhodes, and I am so thankful for the help.  That would have been hard to do with just the two of us, since we haven't had a whole lot of practice being out and about yet.  My appointment went well and even with Rhodes having to eat right in the middle of it, I think it was a successful outing.  We had to change Rhodes in the waiting room (twice) but the last time, I had asked the girl at the desk if the bathroom had a changing station and she said it did not.  What bathroom on the same floor as an OB-GYN practice doesn't have a changing station?!! She said we could just change him in the waiting area again, as long as we took the diaper out and threw it away.  I'm thinking they may have had an issue or two with that in the past LOL! 

Once we left the doctor, we drove back home, went by the pharmacy and picked up some lunch before heading back to my house. Then my mom and my brothers came over and hung out/helped hold Rhodie so this Momma could take a little nap.

I'm thanking God for a great day, a successful outing, and this sweet sleeping baby on my chest.

'Tis the Season,
Holly






No comments:

Post a Comment