Sunday, August 21, 2016

Our Baby Boy: Week 9 (8.19.16)

Rhodie is 9 weeks old! I am writing this on 8.21.16 and we have had a FULL weekend! I think that it has probably been our busiest weekend in a WHILE!

Rhodes had another great week! He's so fun to be around and is growing so much.  I had a moment last week when I looked at his two month old picture vs his 1 month old picture and I nearly lost it. Bless. 

He's so big and even though I take about 1 million pictures a day of his cute little self, I still feel like I'm missing the little changes. I know that's not likely, but that's just how this Momma feels! 

We have been a little more daring with our outings this week as well.  It's been SO rainy here lately which is awesome because it hasn't been as hot as it normally is this time of year, but the rain also can hinder an outing because who wants to get a baby, car seat, diaper bag, AND a stroller out in this mess? NOT IT. We ate out at a local mexican place with my family on Friday night and left a few minutes earlier than they did so that we could get back and feed Rhodie. Every move I make revolves around that boy and his eating schedule. He loves his milk and loves to eat….wonder where he gets that from? ;)  On Saturday we had a pretty lazy morning, until my in-laws appeared.  My husband called me from the grocery store (which is a whole story in itself) and told me he was headed home and that (surprise!) his parents were pulling in to town and would be at our house shortly.  Considering that I hadn't showered and was basically in lounge clothes, more of a heads-up would have been appreciated. ANYWHO…So they came for lunch and Aaron grilled and then they headed home when it was time for Rhodie's next feeding.  My MIL brought us an old ornament that her grandmother gave her for Aaron's first Christmas and a (slightly terrifying) bunny lovey thing that my husband used to tote around as a child. She claims she washed it after she found it, but just in case, I'm throwing that thing in the laundry…and maybe in the closet for a while…. ;) It's the thought that counts and I am thankful to get that from them since I don't have many old keepsakes from his childhood. She had a little photo shoot with the bunny thing and Rhodes and then did the same with my FIL. I'm glad they were able to get some pictures since they don't get to see him on a daily basis (like my parents do.) 

Not long after they left, my mom texted me and said they were meeting my brother and SIL in Searcy (our usual meeting spot) for dinner since Logan starts back to OT school Monday and Morgan is back in the full swing of teaching.  We discussed it for a while and I almost didn't want to go just because of Rhodie's schedule (we don't want that boy to get out of whack) and the hassle of traveling with a small baby who could lose it at any moment. But we finally agreed to go and just be flexible and if all else failed we could just stop in somewhere and I would just nurse him in the car.  I'm glad we went because it was good to see those two and they were REALLY excited to see Rhodes (more than anyone else and that's OK) since they hadn't seen him in a little while. They will make great parents one day.

Today we had a slow morning. We didn't end up going to church or SS.  I would even venture to say that we slept in….even though I didn't sleep in.  Aaron got up with Rhodes between 2-4 and then I got up with him at 5 while Aaron slept on the couch off and on until 8. I actually did a load of laundry at about 6am and was able to pump and lay on the couch quietly while Rhodes was in his swing and his Dad snored blissfully on the other couch.  No sleep for me though, which is probably why I had such a hard time keeping my eyes open tonight in the car.  This afternoon, after much discussion, we ended up going to Arkadelphia to "help" move in my little brother for his sophomore year at OBU. By "help" I mean we showed up after he was all move in but it's the thought that counts, right?  We ended up having to stop and feed Rhodie and then he had a dirty diaper and it turned into a 30 minute ordeal.  But we were able to get there, see Clark's room, meet his roommate, walk the campus and take some pictures with Rhodes.  Then we headed out and stopped in at a pizza place with my family before coming the rest of the way home.  It was a good day.  A FULL and good day. I hope Clark is already having fun because he will be so missed. SO missed…

Tonight, Rhodie has been a little fussier than his normal sweet self, so as I sit this, he is (finally) sleeping in his swing, I'm sitting in the rocker next to the swing on my computer, and my husband is asleep on the floor in front of the swing.  Oh yeah, and Marley the Yorkie is SNORING in his doggy bed.  I love my family. :)

That's all for now. This Momma needs a mental break. We got Rhodie off of his "schedule" time-wise so now his next feed is due at 11:30 pm.  I may try to go lay on the couch for a bit and rest until he starts stirring! :) Being a mom is so fun, tiring, crazy, and worthwhile. 

'Tis the Season,
Holly





No comments:

Post a Comment