Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I Get By On Little Victories

Rhodes will be 6 weeks old in two days. Time is flying. That means I'm halfway through with my maternity leave. <- Writing that shattered my heart into 1 billion tiny pieces. I can't think of going an hour without him, much less 12+ hrs. I'm going to cry so I'll go ahead and change the subject.

This week has been a good week. We've worked more on tummy time, but Rhodie would rather do his tummy time on our chests than on the floor. One of our Neonatologists at the hospital once told a parent, "You can never spoil a baby." 

His feet may never touch the floor, until he's ready to walk...and still maybe even after that. 

He's developing his little personality and it's so amazing to watch.  He loves Mommy snuggles and when Daddy dances with him around the kitchen.  He goes from zero to 60 with his temper if he's wet, hungry, or wanting held.  He's so sweet and cuddly.  He's starting to like his swing more, in small doses, so it's a win for this Momma!

Rhodie grew out of newborn sized diapers practically the second day of his life outside of the womb. Of course, we had a TON of newborn diapers, so he wore the fire out of those things until they started squeezing his (not-so-little) tummy. He's been in the size 1 diapers since about Week 3.  He's growing like a weed. Right now he's more round and squishy than long, but I totally don't mind! :)

Yesterday was my mom's birthday.  She doesn't like a fuss made over her (like, ever) so we didn't have a big to-do.  One special thing that did happen was that my aunt and her 4 kids came through town to see Rhodes and my mom on her birthday.  They live in TX and we try to see them a few times a year, but with everyone growing up and going their various ways, it's hard to get together as much as we'd like.  They LOVED getting to see Rhodes though! And he loved the attention. :) He slept HARD after they left, he was so worn out from all the love and attention. So my mom got to see her sister and she got to snuggle Rhodes.  All in all, I think she enjoyed it. 

My mom has been a huge help these past 6 weeks. She comes over to hold Rhodes so I can do things like take a shower or (heaven forbid) go to the restroom for 5 seconds. She also has helped me do laundry, brought me groceries, and helped me decorate my house.  She hung a wall collage in my living room while I nursed/burped Rhodes one afternoon and I think it turned out so cute! And yesterday, on her birthday, she climbed up on the pew at my kitchen table and hung my plates on the wall. 

She's a rockstar.  (insert fist-bump emoji here)

Another fun thing we did today was go on our first stroller ride.  It has been SO HOT lately (gotta love that Southern heat & humidity) and we have stayed inside as much as possible. It had stormed earlier in the day, so it was around 80 degrees and not as humid out, so my hubby suggested we break out the stroller. Rhodes seemed to enjoy it because he fell asleep immediately and on the way back home, he looked around in wonder but didn't make one peep! It was good to get out for a minute to walk and not be drenched in sweat! We walked over to my parents, said hello, and then came home. I'm so thankful to live so close to them.  It's about a mile round-trip between our two houses.

That's all for tonight.  I'm off to feed the chunky monkey and then hopefully we will all get some sleep tonight!

'Tis the Season,
Holly




No comments:

Post a Comment