Monday, April 16, 2012

April Showers...and Weddings

This month has been overwhelming, exciting, draining, fun, but mainly just BUSY!

We have had to drive down to Central AR for the past 4 weekends. That means leaving Friday after Aaron gets off work (or earlier) and not getting back until late Sunday night. I am beat. I feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off! WHEW!

We have had showers and wedding festivities to attend. We have had belated birthday dinners and lots of fast food meals on the road (YUCK!) and definitely have not gotten enough sleep. 

Shower pictures starting in 3...2....1...

pledge sisters

bride & hostesses

Amy's shower went well (two weekends ago) and we had a good turnout despite the fact that most people were with their families for Easter weekend. We had Joshua's belated bday dinner at my grandparents' house on Saturday. My mom gave Aaron and I cute Easter baskets full of goodies. (THANKS MOM!) She's the best. Then we drove up to Searcy and spent Easter Sunday with my in-laws. I wish I could say that I had a cute Easter picture to share...but let's just say that my BIL isn't a professional photographer. LOL. Anyways, we looked cute. :) My husband ran in to a million people he knew on our way in to church (we didn't go to the same church growing up, so I hardly knew a soul) and he "got to talking" with an old boss of his and we were late to the service and had to end up sitting on the 3rd row....if anyone knows me, I don't like sitting that close to the front. :\

After church we went back to my in-laws' house and had lunch. During lunch, my FIL asked if we had a will -obviously we haven't made a will out yet, we haven't even been married a whole year- and then proceeded to ask if he could have our dog if we both happened to "go" at the same time. 

.....um......

.......whaaat?

Is there something wrong with that or is it just me? I better watch my back ;) HA.

So yeah... that's how MY Easter went. 

On a happier note, we had Amy and Clay's wedding festivities this weekend. Friday was rehearsal and then dinner at Whole Hog BBQ in Little Rock. It was laid back and great to meet and visit with everyone! :) Saturday, the bridesmaids got our hair done and after lunch, got ready for pictures! Amy had picked out great one-shoulder, purple dresses for us to wear and everyone looked so cute! She and Clay tied the knot on April 14th 2012 at Alda's Magnolia Hill in Little Rock. It was perfect! Now for pictures!!

Bride & bridesmaids at Whole Hog Cafe

Bridesmaids at rehearsal at Alda's

I LOVED my up-do! (30+ bobby pins)

best friends since Freshman yr at OBU

wedding aftermath. tired feet picture.

our beautiful bouquets


adorable gift from the bride herself

so excited and ready!

I've missed Allie! BHAM is too far away!

I love him :)

a great memory

Well, that's all I have for now!

Have a lovely day!
Holly




No comments:

Post a Comment