Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pinterest Project: Coffee Filter Lamp Shade

We have been trying to get our guest room in order for the past few months. But it's hard living in a townhouse where you only have two rooms! Our "guest room" has been the "catch-all room" since we got married and moved in last summer! Since my classes are winding down for the semester, I have become more determined to work on our place. 


I FINALLY printed off some wedding pictures. It's only been, what, 11 months? (SAD!)


While we were in town for the wedding of one of Aaron's best friends from high school, my mom and I went and bought paint. I am going to paint an old chest of drawers (I call them "Chester drawers") a yellow color called Cheerful. It is PERFECT. My favorite color is yellow, so I may be a little biased.


I cannot wait to start. I may actually start this weekend, I am THAT excited. 


I have also been looking around on Pinterest for some ideas to decorate. The bedding is a blue, green,yellow mix and the dresser will be the big pop of color. I have a huge mirror that I want to put in the guest room too. 


I am getting side-tracked.


Yesterday, I have an idea. I remembered something I had seen on Pinterest. I had an old lamp from my childhood bedroom that had somehow found its way to Fayetteville in all of our things. I was so excited that I didn't take a "before" picture of the lamp. Just trust me, it was in need of a facelift. It was an off-white with little faded pink and blue flowers on it, cute for a little girl but not a twenty-something year old married woman. 


Pinterest: Coffee Filter Lamp Shade -- here's the link where I found the instructions!


So basically, I ran out and got my supplies, and decided I was only going to work on it off and on as a "study break" (I had a big test this morning). 


Well....it ended up taking about two hours total (off and on) but I just HAD to finish it last night. I literally would not have been able to sleep if I hadn't. (Crazy much?)



Here's before:





Here's after:
How cute is this?!


detail shot
ta-da! 

I may have a huge blister on one finger due to a hot glue gun burn and I painstakingly stuck on over 300 coffee filters for a few hours BUT...I am SO happy with the end product. It's going to look so cute on my yellow chest of drawers! Thanks Pinterest ;)

Have a lovely day!
Holly


2 comments:

  1. Hi Holly,
    Came over from Kelly's Korner because I saw you were from Arkansas!
    Just want to tell you how CUTE your coffee filters lamp shade is !! I love Pinterest! But it is very addicting....!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) I love Pinterest too! It is addicting, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete