Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thrifting

Okay...I may or may not have a new obsession. 


I met up with my friend Amanda today and after a deeelicious smoothie and a little boutique shopping, she mentioned going to a thrift store in Fay called The Potter's House. I don't know that much about it, but some of the proceeds go to charity. It is a Christian-based organization. 


So basically,  I love thrifting. (OH LAWD!)


We had SO much fun checking out all the quirky merchandise. 


Take this candle for example...


Yes....it's a sheep dog candle.

Amanda found some great things, including a set of shelves that she's going to make-over for her kitchen. I ended up with some metal candlesticks that I'm planning on giving a face-lift to, once I get all the old wax off them. I also found a quirky little tin punched pig! It was my "little piece of happy" of the day! 

I love this so much! It goes perfectly with my pig/Razorback theme in my kitchen!

Isn't it adorable!? I am in love with this little pig. It's so fun and quirky! It's going to make a great little conversation piece! :) I'm thinking about painting the frame black or red, to go along with my Razorback/pig theme in the kitchen.

Well, I'm off to clean my candlesticks!

Have a lovely day,
Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment