Friday, July 1, 2016

He's Here! Part 2

I always wondering, throughout my whole pregnancy, what my sweet boy would look like.  Not that I cared, but I was always imagining in my head.  Well it turns out, he's absolutely perfect. 

He has a big round head (even after pushing for 2 hours), some deliciously squishy cheeks, and the prettiest lips I've ever seen. I just want to eat him up!

Oh, and his hair. He's got a head full of hair. Precious.

He is the first grandchild on both sides of our families so our families are both pretty smitten.  I think my family has tried to see him every single day since he's been born, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Plus it's always nice to have an extra set of hands.

We had lots of visitors in the hospital. Family, friends, co-workers, bosses, it was wonderful.  I wish I had taken more pictures! 

From my perspective, our hospital stay was a blur. We went in on Friday at 8am and were finally discharged around 2:00 on the following Monday. 

There were long days and longer nights and I felt pretty useless the first two days.  I remember Aaron changing lots of poopy diapers.  I'm pretty sure those are the first diapers he's ever changed in his life.  He was such a trooper. He slept on that tiny couch and didn't complain…except for being cold. He said he was cold every single day. But this Momma was HOT. 

They took out my epidural Sunday morning around 4am. I had my first shower later that morning too. I felt like a new woman. Walking was hard, my incision hurt, and I could definitely tell that my epidural was GONE…and I missed it. 

My nursing staff was pretty wonderful…minus one chick who I think I saw maybe twice in 12 hours…but I digress.  I even had a nurse that I went to nursing school with, which I was skeptical about at first, but she ended up being one of my favorite nurses.

I am very fortunate that my husband was able to take a week off of work to be home with us. I'm also fortunate that my family lives (literally) a minute car drive away.  It made this first week go by pretty smoothly…or as smooth as it could go. :)

Things we learned over our hospital stay: 1) our baby doesn't like having his arms swaddled; 2) he doesn't like being put into the carseat; 3) he LOVES riding in the car (zzzzz); 4) he loooves to snuggle and I will NOT be complaining about that! 

Our hearts are FULL.

'Tis the Season, 
Holly











No comments:

Post a Comment