Saturday, July 16, 2016

Our Baby Boy: 4 Weeks (7.15.16)

Our little man turned 4 weeks old today! 

He'll be a month old on Sunday.

Excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out…..kidding….kind of……

It doesn't seem like it has been a month since we drove to the hospital and I was in labor. It doesn't seem like a month ago when I saw my baby boy for the first time.  It doesn't feel like 4 weeks have passed because all my days and nights blur together. AND IT IS WONDERFUL. I'm thankful to have had 4 whole weeks with our Rhodie. It has been the best 4 weeks of my entire life.  Despite the sleepless nights, the poopy diapers, getting spit up on, and everything else in between, I couldn't be happier.  We have been blessed with the sweetest, snuggliest baby ever. He fits right in and it's like we've found the little nugget we've been missing all our lives. 

Rhodes had his smiliest day of his life on July 14th.  He smiled at his Daddy when he left for work and while Mommy played with him and nursed him.  It totally melted my heart.  He may not quite realize what he's doing, but it makes my whole day. I got some pictures and I look at them all the time. He also has a "secret dimple" on the left side of his face that I'm obsessed with and I love when you can see it, especially when he grins :)

We had our first outing on the 14th also.  My mom and oldest brother (aka Uncle Fred) came over and brought us lunch.  We piddled around until we decided to just bite the bullet.  We loaded up Rhodie and the diaper bag and the four of us went to Hobby Lobby. Things we learned: 2 minutes in the store and Rhodie does NOT like the ergo carrier. At least, he doesn't like it YET.  I think he got hot. It is summer after all. But practice will make perfect.  So I ended up taking him out of the carrier and just holding him. That's where he wanted to be anyways :)

Rhodes had several visitors this weekend. My brother and his wife came in on Thursday and then my inlaws and my SIL came on Saturday. So we had a good weekend! I'm off to spend more time with my sweet little nugget!

'Tis the Season,
Holly




No comments:

Post a Comment