Saturday, July 9, 2016

Our Baby Boy: Week 3 (7.8.16)

I can't believe we are already 1 week shy of our little man being a month old! 

Time seems to be flying and dragging all at once, and as I said earlier, if ever there was a time that I wish I could speed up and slow down time all at once, it would be now.

Last night our little boy went SEVEN hours between two feeds. SEVEN. Being a first time mom, instead of taking it for granted, I freaked out and worried that he was going to starve to death. Obviously he was fine. And this momma slept from 12-4 (partially thanks to my awesome husband, who got up with him around 12 and took him into the living room to settle him down and let me sleep) and I was a new person at that 4am feed. PTL!

And no, I won't get used to it. ;)

Today (7.9) was a good day. My in-laws came over to see Rhodie.  My MIL, BIL/SIL, other SIL, Aaron's Aunt, and Aaron's mom's parents came over. The Aunt and grandparents came all the way from AL! My husband grilled burgers and hot dogs for lunch and we all got to catch up a little bit.  It was a little stressful having a 3 week old and 7 guests (plus 1 other dog -don't even get me started) in my house but it ended up being a fine day. I'm glad Aaron got to see his grandparents and I'm glad they got to see our little guy!

But we were WORN OUT! Rhodes has napped most of the afternoon and I'm hoping that doesn't affect our bedtime too much!

Rhodie has had an eventful 3 weeks of life. He is more interactive every day and we are so thankful for him! He loves his Momma :) and dance parties with Daddy! He seems to like country music (yikes!) and his best friends are Window and Ceiling Fan. He likes to scream his head off at bedtime and he holds his breath when he gets REALLY mad. Thankfully, that doesn't happen too often. :) We've also discovered that he likes the white noise/wave noise on his giraffe sound machine (SCORE!) and we are trying to use that more at bedtime to get him quieted down. His favorite game is seeing how many diapers he can go through in a 24 hour period. He's determined to get the count to above 12. He cannot STAND to be wet AT ALL. He's so funny that way!

We are so blessed to be his parents and our hearts grow more and more in love with him every day!

Cheers to 3 weeks!

'Tis the Season, 
Holly




No comments:

Post a Comment