Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Our Baby Boy: One Month Old (7.17) & A Dr. Visit (7.19)!

On 7.17.16 our boy was officially one month old. I cannot believe how time has flown. Maybe it's the lack of sleep? ;)

Rhodie is more bright-eyed and playful these days.  He smiles in the mornings and after he nurses and has a full tummy! He still likes dancing in the kitchen with Daddy & usually Mommy's arms can fix a lot of problems.  He still loves Window and Ceiling Fan, car trips, and being carried and walked around, and around, and around. He still eats like a maniac but he seems to be getting a little better. I think the boy just likes to eat! :)

I tried to take some one month pictures, but Rhodes wasn't really feeling it. He was a little on the sleepy side.

We had our 1 month appointment today (7.19..16) and Rhodes surprised us!  We knew he had been gaining weight, you can really tell in his face and his little potbelly, but we didn't know how much weight he had gained! The other night, my mom brought out a scale she had an just set him down for just a second (he was a little bigger than the scale -ha!) it read 11lbs. We thought it might have been wrong, but we knew he had to be over 10 lbs! When I put him on the scale today, I'm pretty sure my mouth fell open. He weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs 0.8oz!!! That means he has nearly gained a full 3 bs in 1 month! I'm definitely not worried about him not getting enough to eat anymore! :) He's a BIG BOY. He's grown in weight, obviously, and his head has gotten a little bigger, which isn't surprising because his Mommy has a big head (lol!). As for the growth charts, he's 92.5% in weight, 53.48% in length, and 97.57% in head circumference. I am so proud of my big ol' boy!

 My mom came with us today because my husband was out of town with work. I'm so thankful to be close with my mom, both in relationship and in physical distance. We live about a minute away from each other in the same town and it has been SUCH a blessing. 

We also finally got to meet our new pediatrician today and she seems really nice! I think it will work out just fine! She was very sweet with Rhodes and easy to talk to. She is also a mom…so, she gets it and that's very comforting.

Our Rhodie also got his 2nd Hep B. shot today and he handled it like a champ! He only cried for a few seconds, but after some snuggles with Mommy, he was calm enough to fall asleep in the car on the way home. I, on the other hand, broke out on a sweat in the office because of nerves and because MY BABY WAS SAD. But he did get a pretty cool Spider Man bandaid to show off too, so I'm sure he thought that was pretty cool. ;)

Our morning consisted of some sweet baby smiles and our afternoon has consisted of sweet baby snuggles.  He deserved it after his big day :) It's been a good day for all…minus the whole shot thing…which I'm still sensitive about.

We love our big Rhodie man! 

I want to get back to snuggling my little guy!

'Tis the Season,
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment