Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Aaron's Birthday (5.17.12)

Aaron's 25th birthday was last Thursday. I had been asking him for weeks what he wanted to do to celebrate, or what gifts he wanted and he wouldn't give me any ideas. He just wanted to keep it "low-key".

MEN.
ugh.

I finally figured out where he wanted to eat, so I made a reservation for us at our current favorite restaurant in Rogers called Bonefish Grill. 
He didn't want any gifts, so we decided that his gift would be a much needed shopping trip to get some new clothes! I LOVE shopping, but Aaron hates it, so he usually encourages me to shop just for myself and not for him. 

BUT that is beside the point. 

First, I surprised Aaron by waking up early (that's love) and baking him his favorite, strawberry muffins. 

THEN, I surprised Aaron with a cake from Rick's Bakery. I led him on all week, making him think that I was going to just bake him a cake on his birthday since he just wanted it low-key. 
I went the week before and ordered the cake so that I would be able to pick it up during the day on the 17th. I even paid in cash so that he wouldn't see the charge on our online bank account. ;) Sneaky...

Needless to say, by the time he got home I was SO excited that I couldn't wait to show him until after dinner so I showed him right before we left for Rogers. 
He was SO surprised and SO thankful and SOO sweet. :)
I was one proud lil' wifey.


After Bonefish, we came back, had cake and watched a movie. He said it was his best birthday yet. :) Such a sweetie.

okay, I made some choc chip ones for me too...

"G'morning Sunshine"

Sneaky...

my guys

before his bday dinner

how cute is this?!
out on our deck



Happy Birthday Babe! 


-Holly


2 comments: