Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Recap.

WHAT.A.WEEKEND.

Our weekend was so busy! My relatives came to town from Dallas for a college visit for my cousin Max!
He has looked at colleges in AZ, MS, OK, and now AR...AND he's only a junior! I am so impressed. I didn't even look at any other colleges. My parents said basically said "you are going to OBU" and that's what I did! I ended up loving it though :)

anyways.

They got in town on Friday and we went to Hugo's. 
It's a local, whole-in-the-wall burger place. It's actually in a basement level of a building in The Square in downtown Fay. It was delicious and a hit with my cousins. 
everyone decked out in their Arkansas gear!

After the burgers, we went out to the Razorback game. They were playing South Carolina. We kind of decided to do it last minute, so we sat in the "Pig Pen" where you bring your own chairs and spots are first come, first serve.



my cousins Chloe & Lily

Chloe (left) is 9 and almost as tall as me. Lily (right) is 11 and as pretty as ever! :)
We had a good time at the game, but left in the 7th inning because AR was losing and the girls were wanting fro-yo. 

We went to Orange Leaf on Dickson. I have been to a OL but hadn't been in the one here! They had puppy chow as a topping option and I'm pretty sure it changed my life. Go try it as soon as you can. Oh.my.word.
what a crew! ha!

The next day, poor Aaron had to get up at 5 and go in to work for a few hours. He brought back donuts for breakfast (YUMMM) and the Rand's came over.  My Aunt, Max, and Aaron went on the campus tour that Max had scheduled for that morning. The girls and I stayed at our place, played with Marley, watched some movie on tv, and they caught me up on what's "cool" on YouTube. They showed me who their crushes were and various music videos of songs they like. I learned ALL about OneDirection. It's a new boy band on the scene.

 Oh to be young again... ;)

For lunch we went to Hog Haus and then Aaron drove us all around Fay for the official "tour". Then we went back for a designated nap time. For some reason everyone was exhausted, including myself. It was a great few hours of relaxation after a good meal.
the girls & Marley

check out my hair here. wow-za!

We had dinner at a local mexican restaurant because 1) it's delicious, and 2) it was Cinco de Mayo! After dinner, we went to play putt-putt golf!
max & chloe


me & lily

It was pretty muggy out, but we had fun playing putt-putt! After dinner (at the girls' request) we went to a different fro-yo place called Cherry Berry. I hadn't been in forever so I was so excited to go :)

This morning the Rand's headed back to TX and this afternoon Aaron and I went to go see The Avenger's.  We actually went to the matinee showing at 12:45. It was perfect because the movie was long (so we still have plenty of daylight left after!) and it was opening weekend! Every seat in our theater was filled and we even got there early! I cannot believe it! (Nicholson's are always late and it irks the Garland in me!) When we left there was a line out of the door!

By the way, the movie was GREAT!

Currently we are lounging on the couch debating on dinner plans, obviously worn out from all of our "active-ness" this weekend....ha!

Oh what an exciting life we lead. ;)

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Holly





No comments:

Post a Comment